FAAB Pages Development

Work on constructing the FAAB pages for the two leagues continues. It has taken a more complex route than I expected. I’m trying to run a PHP script through a JavaScript. While that isn’t unheard of, it has been a longer learning curve. I decided to use this set of technologies since I can update a MySQL table for each league. Then, when a user visits the page, the code I will have written will display the proper amounts. I already have the two database tables prepared and ready for the start of the season. Next is to construct the code to display the information.

Last Transferred Draft Pages

Today I completed the transition of the draft order pages from the Google site to this site. Everything is scripted in JavaScript and is fairly easy to edit. The Google pages now have a header indicating they are not being updated and include a link to this site.

The next major task is to complete the Udemy class and learn enough MySQL to develop a table for the FAAB transactions and to query and display the results. I also want the results to have a link for each owner to show the details of the transactions. Given that it is the middle of February, that seems ambitious.

Drop Menus

A large upgrade to the main page was completed today. The two FAAB links have been replaced by drop menus for the two baseball leagues. The concept came from Randall who wanted the 2015 draft tables placed in order. It occurred to me that I no longer need to have the Google Sites page if I am reviving this site. Today, I created the American League Minors Draft page, the American League Reserves Draft page, and the National League Reserves Draft page.

I was surprised to discover the math was easy though I did have to conceptualize the JavaScript flow. While it will be easy to maintain during the days until the start of the season, it will have one drawback — switching from an un-ordered view to an ordered view will be difficult.